Chair: Commerce Committee
Bruce Stockfish (Chair) – Les Trois Érables
Nadine Lacasse – Pharmacie Brunet
Jess Harris – Alpengruss Motel
Sylvie Richard – La Confiserie
Leigh Irvine – Kaffe 1870
The Commerce Council’s overall mandate is to identify, consider, make proposals and act as needed regarding issues of concern to the business members of the Chamber and to the business community generally. The Commerce Council is the voice of business in Wakefield and La Pêche. We organize a number of initiatives to connect, support and promote our business members, and generally make Wakefield – La Pêche an attractive place to do business.
- Café Commerce: Come join us the the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Wakefield Mill for an informal networking session with your fellow business persons. Drop in to hear special guests on matters of business interest, learn of Chamber developments, exchange the latest business gossip!
- Seminars: The Commerce Council occasionally hosts formal educational seminars for its small business members on such topics as tax planning, accounting for small business, etc. Notices will be sent to members well in advance of the event.
- Business directory: All businesses in La Pêche are listed on the Chamber website and categorized so as to make it easy for your customers and clients to find you. Chamber members have the added advantage of being posted on an interactive map that depicts their business locations.
- Attracting new and diverse businesses: Part of the Commerce Council’s mandate is to strengthen the economy of La Pêche and the region, which includes encouraging a good mix of businesses in the village core.
- Business beautification: The Chamber is about making our community a better place to work, live and visit. Part of that is improving the appearance of our village and the Commerce Council is working with the business community to do its part.